Monday 3 August 2015

Twitter for Teachers

Part of my role as a ClassDojo Ambassador is to participate in and host Twitter chats. I was surprised by such a thing. Before this year, my experience of Twitter was that it's just another procrastination destination. I had created an account years ago, and never did anything with it. Until some months ago. Now I am hooked! It is an amazing platform for connecting with educators all over the world. I have learnt so much, and have definitely drawn inspiration from them.

There are so many Twitter chats you can join, and  also build your own PLNs. I am currently participating in #dojochatANZ, #aussieED#asiaED, and #includEDau. Fantastic educators, and a range of topics each week.

Now, not to blow my own horn or anything, but I am super proud of #includEDau. Along with another Tweep (which I learnt is what you call Twitter users), whom I met through #dojochatANZ (see?? Networking, not time-wasting!), we started #includEDau as a chat to focus on students with disabilities, and to support educators in creating inclusive classrooms. We've only been live three weeks, but the feedback has been amazing! I never realised we would gain momentum so quickly. 

Anyway, just wanted to share that last little bit, hehe. But seriously, if you're an educator, I highly recommend it as a networking platform. Get out there, don't be afraid to ask questions. After all, aren't we life-long learners? Here's a reminder ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment